Dear KUMFA Community,
Thank you for all you’ve done to support KUMFA throughout the years. Without your generous support, we could not possibly continue what we do. Your generosity has helped KUMFA to be fully self-sufficient for many years during normal times.
But as we all know, these are not normal times due to Covid 19’s impact on all parts of society. Unfortunately Covid’s impact has been felt by KUMFA as well. We realize everyone is having a difficult time now, and so clearly now is not the best time to be asking for financial support. It is with a deep regret and humility that we have to reach out more to our community and supporters to ask for financial assistance.
In case you were not be aware, KUMFA is an organization that operates solely on monthly dues from unwed mothers and donations from sponsors and individual donors. We not get one penny of support from the government.
Because of Covid 19’s impact a foundation, which was going to sponsor the renovation of KUMFA’s office to provide a space for unwed mothers and their children, had to cancel the sponsorship. This of course has created a worrisome financial situation for KUMFA. We are currently in urgent need of approximately 5,000USD to pay for the renovation and for other emergency needs.
Your generous donation will be used as follow:
1. To pay for the remodeling of the KUMFA office as a community space for mothers and children. This will allow KUMFA to hold meetings without the need to rent space.
2. To fund three emergency temporary protection shelters.
3. To provide living expenses to families in need of emergency assistance.
It goes without saying that your generous donation will be a godsend to the families in need.
How can you donate?
- You can send a donation via Paypal to: email@example.com
- Within Korea, you can send a bank transfer to: 국민은행(Kookmin bank) 371101 04 108809 (사)한국미혼모가족협회
- You can find other ways to donate by visiting the donation page
If you need a receipt for a tax-deduction, please let us know and we will gladly provide you one!
Thank you again for your generous support!
Do Kyeong (Megy) Kim